This weekend I took a couple hours out of watching March Madness to take the Google Analytics Platform Principles course.
This is a brief course on some fundamentals of Google Analytics including:
- Google Analytics Platform Fundamentals
- How Google Analytics collects data
- Different ways to configure data into Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics processes the data sent to it
- How Google Analytics produces reports
This is a pretty fundamental class, but it’s something that should be required of anyone who does internet marketing professionally.
A couple new things I learned in this class include:
- That Google Analytics has the ability to track data within mobile apps
- When and how Google Analytics samples data in its reports
I thought this might be a good stepping-stone to renew my Google Analytics Individual Qualification (which has expired a couple years ago).